Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Pets in Spain

Walking the streets of Madrid, I saw so many dogs! You say so what! Well the dogs in Madrid have to have a chip implanted. They must be on leashes, even though I saw a few not on a leash, mostly shop owner pets.

Photographer Marsha J. P. Gonzales

I saw many dogs waiting for their master at the doorways of restaurant, shops, and markets.
The dogs do not bark at vehicles or when you walk by. One week had past before I even heard a dog bark, and that was just one time a short bark.
I was shocked!

My first thought was, oh dogs do bark in Spain. I thought maybe there was some kind of law forbidding them to bark or maybe they had their voice boxes removed. Dumb! Now you do not see that in San Antonio, Texas.

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjL3_8u43hIr-uNzpdm1q4OB5WU6lNZWam32O5n2_jpznvjDvaLnxTVVGNKXqTB2i_8E_l1jyqN4fOLLIAH_B04i9H7FEnZ8S9gSjdExREkwFCIfywHUnQI26dvMVTo1_SGnFJyxD9_5AE/s1600-h/NEW+PICS+805.JPG">

Shop owners are proud of their dogs, they let you take pictures of them.

Spain sure loves their dogs! On one street in Spain there was a water fountain for dogs! I have never seen that in the U. S.



I only saw four cats. The preferred pet in Spain might not be cats.


1 comment:

Marsha J. P. Gonzales said...

Thank you for your useful website, Nikitha!